Se Habla Espanol
Mckenzie & Snyder LLP Logo

Payment of Bills after Work Accident

Dec 9, 2011
1 min read

Following a work accident an injured employee may be hounded by collectors for outstanding balances with hospitals, doctors offices, physical therapy offices and more. In Ohio, if the injured employee has an allowed workers comp claim, those bills should be submitted to an MCO (managed care organization) or self-insured employer.

The bill will need to be related to the work injury or it is unlikely to be paid. This can be a point of contention as the MCO or employer might deny payment arguing the bill is unrelated to the work injury and/or the conditions allowed or recognized in the claim.

If you are struggling with getting your bills paid and believe they are related to a work injury, feel free to use the contact form below or call one of our experienced attorneys at 513-737-5180.

Written by Andrew Tobergte

Free Case Evaluation

Mckenzie & Snyder LLP Logo

Site Disclaimer - This site/article and any information contained herein are intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Seek competent legal counsel for advice on any legal matter.

©2024 Mckenzie & Snyder LLP - All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy